The Restaurant Manager is a full time position based at our full-service Sydney Restaurant and reports directly to the Managing Director. This role is responsible for overseeing, organising and coordinating the restaurant’s general operations in the sales and service of food and beverages to customers.
Responsibilities and tasks:
• Opening and closing the Restaurant, including management of staff arrivals and departures for shifts
• Restaurant concierge, ensuring customers are greeted and seated appropriately, taking reservations from customers
• Liaising with kitchen staff - chefs and cooks on each day’s menu and fulfillment requirements
• Recording stock levels and ordering stock, if required, in conjunction with chefs
• Handling of day-to-day financial transactions, opening and close cash register
• Maintaining Restaurant’s standards of cleanliness and hygiene protocols
• Managing maintenance of restaurant equipment including furniture
• Menu planning and pricing, regularly assessed in conjunction with chefs and management
• Assisting with staff selection process, including interviews and on-the-job training
• Providing appropriate service to customers, handling compliments and complaints
• Generally overseeing the restaurant functions and resolving any issues, reporting to management where necessary
• Managing Restaurant staff meetings
• Ensuring Occupational Health & Safety (OH&S) policies and procedures are followed by all Restaurant staff
• Ensuring health regulations are upheld and the health regulation record is kept up to date and in order
• Inspecting dining facilities to ensure they comply with health regulations and are in a suitable, clean and functional state for customers
• Assisting Restaurant staff by order taking
• Communicating with and maintaining a good working relationship with management
• Overseeing booking reservations.
• Managing private functions from booking to organisation of private function requirements
Required skills and attributes:
• A level of skill commensurate with a degree, advanced diploma or diploma, plus 2 years of relevant experience, or alternatively, at least 3 years of relevant work experience as a Café or Restaurant Manager in the hospitality industry in lieu of any formal qualification/s.
• Ability to multi-task and work in a high pressure environment.
• Strong communication skills.
• Experience managing staff in a busy café or restaurant.
Salary: $55,000 + Super