Reference Number: S100-18-478
Closing Date: 23-09-2018
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
- Salary from $84,228.76 to $98,702.03 pa + super
- Potential to earn an additional $6,376 per annum in allowances
- Private use leaseback vehicle
- 9 day fortnight
Woollahra Council is looking for a tertiary-qualified and experienced planner to join our Strategic Planning team, made up of town planning, heritage conservation and urban design professionals.
Located within the Planning and Development division, this team is responsible for preparing and maintaining statutory planning documents such as planning proposals, local environmental plans and development control plans.
You will participate in planning projects, consult with the community, conduct economic analysis and model development outcomes. Presentation of projects to Councillors, working parties and community groups is an important aspect of the position and can require after-hours work.Essential Criteria
- A tertiary qualification in either town planning, urban planning or a similar planning qualification.
- Extensive skills and demonstrated current hands-on experience in the preparation, assessment and implementation of planning policies, planning proposals, local environmental plans and planning strategies.
- A thorough current working knowledge of and experience with NSW planning legislation.
- Well-developed skills in the use of PC office software such as Microsoft Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Skills and experience in the preparation and implementation of community consultation programmes, including presentations to public forums.
- A proficiency in research and problem solving, providing clear concise recommendations for action.
- Time management skills, with a particular ability to balance priorities.
- Highly developed skills in project development and project management.
- Demonstrated commitment to the provision of quality customer service.
- The ability to provide creative input in to the operation of a team of multi-skilled professionals.
- Commitment to EEO principles.
- Class C drivers licence or equivalent.
How to apply
- Experience with appeals in the Land and Environment Court.
- Hands on experience with the development and operation of digital 3D modelling for the purpose of preparing and testing built form planning controls and assessing the physical impact of development proposals.
- Apply on line by clicking the link below.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to #removed#/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Chris Bluett, Manager Strategic Planning on (02) 9391 7083 during business hours.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications
Sunday, 23rd September 2018
Previous applicants need not apply.
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
[ View The Job Description (Position Description - Strategic Planner_1.pdf) ]
- Respect for people
- Integrity and excellent performance
- Professional, quality service
- Open, accountable communication
[ Preview The Position Requirements ]