Reference Number: S100-18-479
Closing Date: 19-09-2018
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
- Salary from $51,560.66 to $60,324.16 pa + super
- Nine day fortnight - work/life balance
- Penalties apply for weekend work
Are you calm under pressure? Assertive and customer focused? If you have a great work ethic and enjoy meeting a variety of people, come and work outdoors as a Parking Enforcement Officer!
Woollahra Council has a permanent full time as well as two casual Parking Enforcement Officer roles available.
As part of our small and diverse team you will be responsible for enforcing a variety of laws relating to:
- time-limited parking in business centres
- stopping and parking contrary to notices
- on-street parking restrictions in residential parking scheme areas
- parking and traffic arrangements for special events
- school safety as well as accurately recording and gathering information for detected offences.
Reporting to the Team Leader and working mainly in pairs, you will be expected to provide information to our customers and generally build positive relations with our community. You will work a fourteen-day roster which includes every second weekend and some afternoon shifts, as well as a fortnightly roster day off.
Previous experience is desirable, but training will be provided to inexperienced applicants with the right attitude.
We offer a friendly and inclusive culture and plenty of opportunities for training and development.
Employment in this position is subject to a Police Check for criminal history.Essential Criteria
- Current Class C drivers licence
- Demonstrated ability to follow instructions and see tasks through to completion
- Proven ability to handle difficult situations
- Proven experience in and commitment to customer service
- Demonstrated ability to communicate calmly and effectively with a diverse range of people
- Capable of working within in the physical requirements of the position
- Understanding of EEO and WH&S principles
- Commitment to Woollahra Council’s values
How to apply
- Comprehensive relevant and practical experience in a similar role
- Knowledge of/experience in State or Local Government
- Completion of the Council Law Enforcement Officers Course
- Senior First Aid Certificate
- Apply on line by clicking the link below.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to #removed#/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Suzy Rich, Regulatory Team Leader on (02) 9391 7947 during business hours.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay, NSW, 1360.
Wednesday, 19th of September 2018
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
- Respect for people
- Integrity and excellent performance
- Professional, quality service
- Open, accountable communication
[ View The Job Description (PD - Parking Enforcement Officer_1_1.pdf) ]
[ Preview The Position Requirements ]