Reference Number: S100-18-482
Closing Date: 01-10-2018
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
- Salary from $70,581 to $89,293 per annum + super
- Rostered day off every three weeks
- Permanent full time position
Woollahra Council is seeking a dynamic community development professional to work with community organisations and manage and facilitate community programs and activities. The focus of the role will be to work in partnership with the local community to support local networks, to facilitate local participation and access to initiatives, and to encourage local creativity, vibrancy and diversity.You will be part of the Community Development Team which applies an asset-based community development approach to achieve ongoing community engagement to build and sustain strong local communities. The role will include planning, developing, implementing and evaluating a range of community initiatives for specific program areas within Council’s strategic plan.
The successful applicant will demonstrate highly developed research and analytical skills, project management and strategic planning experience and excellent communication skills as the role demands a proficient level of consultation with executive staff, community organisations and government agencies.
This position may require occasional after-hours work. Essential Criteria
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in community development / social work.
- Significant proven experience engaging with community members, groups and organisations to develop community capacity.
- An understanding of community development approaches, especially asset based community development (ABCD).
- Demonstrated experience in community project management, including budget management.
- Experience in facilitating / managing committees.
- Demonstrated experience in reviewing, analysing and evaluating initiatives and strategic planning to synthesise recommendations.
- Proven experience of innovative thinking, showing initiative and being self-sufficient.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, including negotiation and conflict resolution skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including work-related social media.
- Time management and organisational skills with the ability to work flexible hours, dependent on work requirements.
- High level computer literacy.
- Driver’s licence.
- Understanding and experience in the implementation of Equal Employment Opportunity and Work Health & Safety Regulations and principles.
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to Council’s corporate values
How to apply
- Prior experience in local government.
- Knowledge of the Woollahra area and community trends.
- First Aid Certificate.
- Apply on line by clicking the link below.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to #removed#/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Jacky Hony, Team Leader Community Development on (02) 9391 7058 during business hours.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay, NSW, 1360.
CLOSING DATE: Monday, 1 October 2018
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
- Respect for people
- Integrity and excellent performance
- Professional, quality service
- Open, accountable communication
[ View The Job Description (Community Development Officer PD - September 2018.docx) ]
[ Preview The Position Requirements ]