Reference Number: S100-18-480
Closing Date: 23-09-2018
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
When it comes to Development Assessment, our Council is one of the best to work for!
- Salary from $74,872 to $87,590 pa + super
- Nine day fortnight
- Great harbourside location
Come and find out what makes us different!
Gain valuable experience and develop your skills by dealing with a wide range of developments, from commercial to residential, harbour foreshore to heritage conservation, all within a fun and supportive environment.
We are looking for a highly motivated professional to work within the Development Control department. You will be responsible for assessing applications under the Environmental Planning and Assessment Act, 1979, as well as contributing to policy development, providing advice to customers and staff, and reporting to Council.
Accept the challenge and get a step ahead of the rest in your planning career!
How to apply
- Appropriate tertiary qualifications in a related discipline
- Relevant practical experience in a similar role
- Demonstrated competence of processing of development applications within local government, or equivalent
- Demonstrated high level of oral and written communication skills plus a commitment to customer service
- Ability to work within a multi-disciplinary team
- Computer literacy
- Current C Class driver’s licence
- Ability to demonstrate a commitment to Council’s corporate values
CLOSING DATE: Midnight, Sunday 23 September 2018
- Apply on line by clicking the link below.
- You will be asked to demonstrate how you meet each of the selection criteria.
- If you have a separate statement addressing the selection criteria, please upload it as a cover letter and simply refer to it in the online questionnaire.
- You will be able to upload 2 documents only.
- For information on applying for Council jobs, please refer to #removed#/council/employment/recruitment_and_selection_process
- For further information about the role, please contact Nick Economou, Manager Development Control on (02) 9391 7081 during business hours.
- Our preference is for applications to be submitted online, however, we will accept hard copy applications addressed to Human Resources, Woollahra Council, PO Box 61, Double Bay, NSW, 1360.
Woollahra Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to providing a working environment that embraces and values diversity and inclusion. If you have any support or access requirements, we encourage you to advise us at time of application.
[ View The Job Description (Position Description - Assessment Officer - Development Control.pdf) ]
- Respect for people
- Integrity and excellent performance
- Professional, quality service
- Open, accountable communication
[ Preview The Position Requirements ]