Do you pride yourself on your ability to multi-task and work under pressure in a busy environment? Do you love working with people, both co-workers and customers? Can you work independently and well within a team? Are you a morning person? Do you have a passion for food?
If you answered yes to the above questions then we have the perfect position for you!
We are a professional, young and vibrant team who thrive on and thoroughly enjoy providing consistent, high quality food and service to customers within a range of hospitality settings. Our team love to have fun at work, with each other as well as with our customers. We operate a small café in a busy CBD hostel, so you will constantly be meeting new people as well as greeting many regular faces. Our main aim is to provide breakfast food and beverage services for the 400 guests who stay in the hostel each day.
In order to be successful in this role, the following qualities would be ideal:
· Enthusiasm and drive to offer excellent customer service
· Motivation to learn and constantly improve processes, tools and performance of the team
· The confidence to work unsupervised, or within a small team and oversee multiple areas of operation to ensure customers remain the top priority
· Responsible nature and availability to start work in North Melbourne at 6am Thursday-Sunday
· Flexible and positive “can do” attitude
· Experience within a kitchen or café barista experience would be an advantage
Duties include, but are not limited to:
· Making coffee
· Basic cooking and serving to customers either in a buffet or sit down setting
· Restocking and daily stock rotation
· Wrap/assemble food items when required
· Be the main point of contact for customer enquiries
· Maintain records in accordance with our Food Safety Plan
· Handle any complaints or suggestions from management, customers and staff. All incidents must be reported in the "Incident LOG" and passed along to your manager.
· Cash handling and payment processing
What we can offer you:
· Flexibility and variety in your working week
· An immediate start
· A fast paced environment
· An excellent team to work with every day
Please note this is a 7 day Part Time roster, common shifts occur on Thursday - Sunday between 06.00AM – 12.00PM (Approx 20-25 hours weekly). Working weekends, mornings and occasional evenings will be a requirement to fulfil this position successfully. The ability to speak multiple languages proficiently will also be a distinct advantage.
If you are looking for a career, and not just a job… if you have heaps of potential... and are excited to be part of our success story, then we can’t wait to meet you! Please send your resume, cover letter and availability details to us for more information.
Get paid to have fun, apply now!