Here at Crawford & Company, we''re renowned for our claims management expertise. We work in partnership with our clients, through shared values and enthusiasm, for service excellence and to jointly focus on what matters most to our customers.Our great training, combined with a commitment for continued development, is a core value, and we are now seeking like-minded claims professionals, who share our passion and will excel in our work.We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Senior External Claims Adjuster to join our Darwin office. The successful candidate will manage under moderate or specialized supervision, resolve commercial and domestic losses, ensuring compliance with service level agreements and maintaining high production levels.Key Responsibilities include:
- Maintain expected case load of claims
- Provide office and field based assessment and investigation of commercial, domestic and liability insurance losses from first advice to final settlement.
- Provide support & advice to policy holders with respect to their claims.
- Examine claims forms, policies and endorsements, client instructions and other records to determine coverage.
- Investigate claims by interviewing claimants and witnesses, obtaining official reports, by inspecting physical damage, by comparing claim information with evidence.
- Set loss reserves and control claims costs
- Settle claims after determining insurance carrier''s liability, client''s instructions, and authority levels required by obtaining demands and making offers to claimants, issuing settlement recommendations, making filings with regulatory agencies, disposing of salvage & pursuing subrogation when appropriate.
- Effectively deal with service/product replacement providers
- Recommend litigation when appropriate.
- Present evidence at legal proceedings producing reports and other documents as evidence if applicable.
- Comply with and maintain Service Level Agreements and Key Performance Indicators
- Maintain company reputation and insurance product integrity by complying with federal and state regulations and service standards.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge through continuing education.
- Conduct business development by calling on local businesses to solicit new business or maintain existing business.
- Assist less-experienced adjusters/claims techs with claims handling if required.
- Provide assistance to other offices in the event of a Catastrophe, as required.
- Substantial experience as a Loss Adjuster
- Thorough knowledge of insurance terminology, practices and conditions
- Understanding of basic business accounting procedures
- Loss Adjusting qualifications preferred, or Professional qualifications applicable to the Loss Adjusting industry.
- Member of the Chartered Institute of Loss Adjusters
- Drivers License
In return for your expertise, we offer a competitive remuneration and benefits package with the opportunity to further develop your career in a market leading, innovative, customer centric organisation.Enquiries and applications from recruitment agencies will not be considered.Applicants must have Australian working rights to be considered.