E J Ainger is an small family run antique auction house.
It is a unique and fast paced environment that requires a high level of organization, and the ability to divert attention to multiple tasks at once.
Your role is to assist with the administration and smooth running of weekly antique and fine art auctions, on and off-site.
You would need to be someone who is able to direct their own tasks, and enjoys working in a small team.
You would deal with all of the customers (vendors and buyers) and help to manage the planning, preparation and execution of each auction. Listed below are the majority of the tasks required in this role.
Required hours: Three days per week
Salary: $25 per hour.
Full training provided.
- Remembering your regular customers, maintaining good relationships with them and generally being friendly and helpful.
- Diverting attention between customers paying, collecting, inquiring and leaving bids
- Entering bids quickly and accurately under pressure.
- Taking requests for condition reports and giving them to the appropriate staff member.
- Taking payments.
Auction preparation/After auction
- Ensuring all vendor data is entered quickly and accurately.
- Assisting the auctioneers to make sure all lots are accurately catalogued, and none are misplaced.
- Dealing with multiple stakeholders including vendors, buyers, solicitors, carriers.
- Ensuring carriers provide correct client details, and following up vendors for critical information.
- Organizing road occupation permits with the local council.
- Occasionally booking in items and unpacking boxes of smaller items.
- Following up buyers to collect items after the auction.
- On occasion wrapping, labeling and storing goods for collection.
General Administration & Customer Service
- Answering the phone, answering general queries and taking messages.
- Ensuring all invoices are copied and provided to the accountant.
- Ensuring all buyer invoices are paid, and chasing up debtors.
- Recording vendor expenses.
- Maintaining cash transaction ledgers.
- Paying temporary staff in cash.
- Printing vendor cheques.
- Managing auctioneer''s diary of appointments and valuations.
- Calm in a crisis
- Skilled at planning and organizing
- Excellent interpersonal skills
All MS Office programs.Typing speed needed: at least 65 wpm.
Please contact Stephanie if you are interested in this role: 0424 867 379