Full Time Days: Tuesday to Saturday Report to: Head of Orchestral Operations ABOUT THE ROLE
Sydney Youth Orchestras (SYO) is the leading orchestral training organisation in NSW, providing musical education for over 550 musicians aged 6 – 25 years in 12 orchestras and ensembles annually. SYO alumni have leading careers as performers, conductors, educators and composers both in Australia and overseas. SYO presents an annual program of concerts in prestigious venues across Sydney and NSW. This is critical role within the Orchestral Operations Team, reporting to the Head of Orchestral Operations. This role is a permanent full-time position. It is largely based in the SYO office in the Sydney CBD within regular business hours (9:00 – 5:00pm) and requires weekend work on Saturdays (8:00 – 5:00pm) during the NSW school term. Rostered days off in lieu of weekend or evening work are taken during the week. The key responsibility of this role is administrative support in the Orchestral Operations team, and the planning and implementation of communications for SYO’s major stakeholders – the SYO musicians and their families.
Reporting to the Head of Orchestral Operations, arrange and oversee all email communications to SYO members and develop an appropriate and consistent voice for all external messages relating to orchestras’ rehearsals and events. In addition to this, provide administrative support to the Operations team in the delivery of the SYO program, including assistance with production on Saturdays at weekly rehearsals.
- Be the first point of contact for all SYO musicians and their families and any incoming enquiries via telephone and email;
- Administrate all enquiries and direct communications to relevant team members in Operations or upper management as required;
- Coordinate all SYO member communications including emails for regular rehearsals and additional activity including concerts, tours and special projects;
- Using the SYO CRM, facilitate annual processes of audition applications and enrolments with special attention to data collection and scheduling of communications through the CRM;
- Maintain the SYO Operations templates including online forms, run-sheets, instrumental hire templates and email templates.
- Provide production support at weekly Saturday rehearsals, with a focus on providing a high-level of customer experience for SYO members, their families and SYO Artistic Staff and contractors.
- Manage the weekly rolls and monitor the attendance of musicians in partnership with the Operations Managers.
- Oversee the use of the SYO music library, including the ordering, cataloguing and preparation of sheet music for the SYO core program, auditions and special projects;
- Provide administrative and production support on special projects as required;
- Coordinate the booking of SYO musicians for commercial hires and special projects under the guidance of the Head of Orchestral Operations
· Proven strong written and oral communication skills with confident phone manner;
· Strong IT skills, including experience with MS Office Suite, Excel and understanding of Salesforce/other CRM database use;
· Self-driven positive attitude, with the ability to work independently in line with a team’s vision and goals;
· Interest in working with young people in a training or education environment;
· Demonstrated ability to manage competing priorities and work to strict deadlines in a high-capacity role;
· Ability to build strong working relationship with a variety of different colleagues including administrative colleagues, SYO core Artistic Staff and contractors;
· Ability to engage in physical work required to run orchestral rehearsals and events
· Tertiary level music degree (performance or education);
· Musical literacy;
· Current NSW driver’s license;
· Familiarity of international trends and successful models of orchestral training organisations;
· A passion for and good knowledge of classical music repertoire.
Remuneration: $45,000 - $50,000 (commensurate with experience) + 9.5% superannuation