The Sphinx Hotel in Geelong is looking for an experienced Operations Manager with a passion for customer service and high standards. The Venue has the following services: Gaming, Wagering, Functions, Bistro and Nightclub. Reporting to the General Manager you must be available to work a variety of shifts including days, nights, weekends and public holidays (where required). The successful applicant will be someone who is willing to go the extra mile, have a positive attitude and approach with a passion for exemplary customer service. They will be seeking to grow their career and will be happy to take a hands-on approach to their role. Your key responsibilities will include:
· Managing the operational requirements of the hotel on a day to day basis
· Effectively managing and leading an experienced team
· Rostering for your team
· Working with the General Manager to ensure that the vision of the Hotel is realised throughout the organisation
· Ensuring compliance with all legislation requirements that are encapsulated by the day to day operations of running a hospitality venue
· Maintaining a safe and comfortable environment for members and guests
· Ensuring the Hotel’s policies and procedures are adhered to
· Consistently ensuring a superior level of customer service is delivered by your team.
· Floor management duties Ideally, the successful applicant will possess the following skills:
· A passion for the leadership and providing excellence in customer service.
· Proven effective experience as a leader, manager and motivator
· Outstanding presentation and communication skills
· Exceptional interpersonal skills.
· Exemplary operational capabilities.
· Full knowledge of all gaming, beverage, TAB and Keno operations.
· Practical compliance experience.
· Previous Duty Manager or Operational Management experience
· Current TAB, RSA and RSG Certificates Available to work across 7 days/nights to meet the requirements of the position. An attractive remuneration package is available for the successful applicant. Only short-listed applications will be contacted. To be considered for this exciting role you must provide a detailed covering letter, together with your current CV.