About the Role:
- Fully maintained company vehicle.
- Positive, rewarding and goal oriented position.
- Experience great staff benefits while working for an established not-for-profit.
- Certificate IV in TAE (40110) essential.
Based at our Olympic Dam site (800kms north of Adelaide), this is your opportunity to work for our Recruitment and Management Services (RMS) Division.
This rewarding full-time position has a strong focus on meeting the contract KPIs around the training and development of Apprentices with a particular focus on safety and improved training outcomes.
Reporting to the RMS Manager SA, you will be responsible for the co-ordination of Apprentice training, development, mentoring and safety. In conjunction with the Contract Manager you will also be responsible for coordinating the risk management process and implementation of control measures with a focus on zero harm.
Certificate IV in TAE (40110), relevant industry experience in the trade/resources industry and relevant VET training and experience managing course delivery essential.
Please note: Accommodation is fully self-funded.
- must have a trade background or resources experience with a comprehensive understanding of WHS and risk management
- high level organisational, administrative and Microsoft Suite skills
- demonstrated experience in managing contract KPIs
- demonstrated experience in workplace training delivery, assessment and reporting with Certificate IV in TAE
- ability to engage with key stakeholders including host employers.
Current driver licence required.
An attractive base salary, plus a fully maintained company vehicle, smart phone, laptop, 9.5% superannuation and 17.5% leave loading will be on offer to the successful candidate.
The successful applicant will be required to undertake a Police Check and any State/Territory Working with Children Check(where applicable).
Established in 1982, MEGT (Australia) Ltd is an Australian not-for-profit organisation that has been supporting local employers, apprentices, and trainees for over 35 years. MEGT employs approximately 650 staff members in 59 offices across every state in Australia, and in the ACT. We provide:
- apprentice and traineeship recruitment, management and development
- training in nationally accredited courses
- English language courses
- specialised employment, training and mentoring services for Indigenous apprentices, trainees and their employers.
We are committed to providing an inclusive and collaborative environment for our staff. Our aim is to ensure our people are engaged, motivated and prepared with the skills and capabilities they need to deliver our goals. We do this by:
The MEGT Difference
- making the health and safety of our workers our highest priority and providing a safe and healthy work environment
- attracting, retaining and developing the right people for the right roles
- understanding each other, embracing our differences and welcoming a workforce that reflects the diversity of the communities we serve.
Some of the benefits we offer include:
How to Apply
- 17.5% leave loading
- 3-day Christmas-New Year closedown as a gift
- opportunity for career progression within a national organisation.
If you would like to take advantage of this opportunity please submit an application including a resume quoting the reference number 1621b.
To obtain a position description, please visit our website #removed#:
- Desktop/PC: Jobs/Careers at MEGT.
- Handheld Devices: Select the menu icon (three parallel bars)/Jobs - select the arrow /Careers at MEGT.
Please note: Applicants from previous reference 1615 need not apply.
Applications close 5pm Friday 05 October 2018.
MEGT (Australia) Ltd is committed to creating an inclusive workplace and building a diverse workforce. We strongly encourage applications from all diverse groups, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, and people with disability.
Please note: By providing referee contact details you are consenting to MEGT contacting any nominated referee/s after interview.