A. Job Description
The Network Security Architect plays a lead role in the delivery of projects and programmes driving the IT strategic change. A key contributor to the design and implementation of the solution ensuring that IT systems meet the required high standards in the areas of non-functional requirements particularly availability, capacity, performance, security and BCP. This role will be responsible for ensuring all Corporate-related solutions delivered are engineered in accordance with the infrastructure standards/patterns and align to the overall enterprise roadmap of the end customer.
The role is expected to carry out following function/activities as part of this job. This is exhaustive list but not limited to :
• As a Security Architect you will be responsible for working collaboratively with high level design and provide services to assist and input into existing infrastructure by identifying customer and operational needs.
• Provide architecture and technology infrastructure strategy for the future direction by providing briefing on new technologies and services are available in the market place for the requirement; engaging and participating in new design, solutions and development activity.
• Design/Upgrades/control/configure existing security systems by monitoring security environment; identifying security gaps; evaluating and implementing enhancements, policy and procedures; solving highly complex issues
• Possess good skillset of adopting new infrastructure knowledge and working with stakeholder for design proposal.
• Provide a threat intelligence feed so that customer can understand current trends, threats and make informed decisions about appropriate response actions.-
• Proactively perform maintenance for service line such as: Failover testing; Device access audit; Configuration audit; Backup; patch level validation; Document validation.
• Should have expert level knowledge of devices such as below.
o Bluecoat Security Platform - Proxy servers and Management Center
o Cisco Web Security Appliances
o CISCO ISE
o Firewalls & Web Application Firewall
o Reverse proxy
• Should be able to undertake routine and ad-hoc reporting including but not limited to access attempts; current status of rules and configurations; ruleset maintenance and other scheduled outages; results of periodic testing of the ruleset and alert mechanisms; operational outages; anomaly detection; and trending
C. Experience/Skill requirements
This section describes the applicants required experience, skills set and knowledge about various products in the functional expertise area
• A thorough understanding of architectural design principles.
• Years of experience: 11 years plus
• Ability to operate in a fast-paced, evolving environment and appropriately prioritize tasks, and keep abreast of the latest technology.
• Capability to work with people in different time zones
• Technical knowledge and experience in management of large enterprise customers network
• An individual contributor capable of self-directed work showing strong leadership and client relationship skills and who is focused on driving the complete network project.
• Excellent oral and written English communication skills, Customers handling and stakeholer management skills.
• Strong experience in implementing and supporting networks for mid-to-large corporate customers.
• Proven ability to work collaboratively with designers, architects, sales staff, field technicians and external customers.
• Knowledge of current technological trends and developments in the areas of advance networking
• Exposure on Cisco/Juniper/Riverbed/F5 technologies and Data Center Networks.
• Ability to influence, persuade and mobilize internal/external resources to fulfill customer requirements.
• Demonstrated ability to build strong & effective customer relationships.
• Well organized and able to do multi-tasking, problem solving, trouble shooting techniques and strategic thinking.
• Analytical skills to interpret IT user requests and understand end user requirements.
• Solid knowledge of the IT Service Management framework, practices, and process experience in Information Technology.
• Service Delivery tasks , like , reporting , customer relationship , SLA management etc.
D. Education Qualification
• Bachelor’s Degree in Engineering. Number of years of experience may vary based on Bachelors or Master’s Degree. Any additional education will be added advantage.