A fantastic relocation opportunity giving you the ability to utilise your experience and skills in a rapidly expanding market that is currently experiencing exciting changes. Our client is long established business which has grown to be one of Australia's largest privately owned meat operations. The company operates three meat processing sites based in Sydney. The business serves a wide variety of markets including supermarket, retail, distributor, manufacturing and export. This role will best suit an experienced professional who has worked in an FMCG / Food Manufacturing environment with short shelf life chilled added value products.
This role requires a natural leader with a passion for the food industry who is able to provide guidance and training to employees, whilst ensuring a safe and efficient work environment.
Reporting to the Group Technical Manager, key responsibilities will include but are not limited to:
* Managing all functions of the New Product Development process
* Managing the day to day R&D functions
* Project managing multiple projects simultaneously ensuring processing, labelling and specifications are correct
* Leading R&D concepts, development, costings, trials, launches and post reviews
* Supporting development, delivery & execution of the Technical Strategy
* Liaising with external ingredient and packaging suppliers to ensure the correct procurement for trials
* Ensuring compliance with customer development & technical processes
* Enabling delivery of Brand Strategies
* Ensuring all new and existing value-added products meet quality standards & systems requirements
Essential / Desirable skills include:
* Food Science degree or equivalent
* Experience in chilled food manufacturing in a Management or Senior Technologist role
* Exceptional communication skills both written and verbal
* Creative with a strong interest in food and market trends
* Experience with Private Label development & manufacture
* Family owned company
* One of Australia's largest privately owned meat operations
* Committed to quality and service
* Their vision is to be recognised as Australia's premier meat supplier of choice through the delivery of a broad range of high quality products with a commitment to efficiency, value adding and service excellence by a team of dedicated and talented employees
If you would like to work for an Australian family owned company that prides itself on training and development from within then apply now!
The company offers a competitive salary of AUD $125K - AUD $135K (Equiv GBP c.£72k - £77k) plus benefits.
If you are SERIOUS about relocating to Australia and have the skill set required, then we would love to hear from you.
If you are interested, please email AS SOON AS POSSIBLE quoting reference number JJ-P4312 with an updated CV, an indication of your current salary and your availability
This is a Permanent position.