There is a vacancy for a fabricator, ideally with the following skills and experience:
• Tertiary/Trade Qualifications or 3 years relevant experience
• Strong metalwork and/or building construction experience
• Excellent attention to safety and quality.
• Excellent communication skills and presentation.
• White card, drivers licence, unrestricted work rights Will be required to work at worksite within the Sydney Metro area, and at our fabrication factory at 5-7 Hepher Rd Campelltown.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Measures, fabricates and installs structural U, H and I beams
- Mark-out steel for the fabrication of balustrades or other custom steel products
- Fabrication of custom designed balustrading and hand railing
- Read architects drawings and specifications to determine job and installation requirements
- Core-drilling holes for post installations of balustrades and handrails
- selecting, cleaning and preparing metal for welding and/or installation
- Fabricating small elbows and joins on-site
- shaping and bending metal sections and pipes using hand and machine tools
- joining metal sections using MIG and TIG welding techniques
- Quality control of welds produced
- finishing products by cleaning, polishing, filing and bathing in acetone
- cleaning and blending welds by grinding
Salary and conditions
- Polishing finished products using belt and drum polishers
Base salary of $64220pa
Position will be full time