This is a supervisory job in the Housekeeping Department. Typically supervises and directs a small number of housekeeping employees.
YOUR DAY-TO-DAY DUTIES:
- Check public areas, guest rooms/suites, equipment, linens are clean and in good repair and advise team members of areas of improvements as per the Holiday Inn brand standards
- Perform housekeeping duties as necessary, including making beds as well as vacuuming and cleaning guest suites to ensure guest satisfaction
- Audit room cleaning standards as per the guidelines and brand checklist
- Train and coach new team members and be the Holiday Inn brand ambassador
- Handle complaints and special requests to achieve complete guest satisfaction
- Comply with special needs and requests of the guests, VIPs and repeat visitors
- Manage day-to-day staffing requirements, plan and assign work and establish performance and development goals for employees. Provide mentoring, coaching and regular feedback to help manage conflict and improve employee performance
- Educate and train all employees in compliance with governmental and safety regulations. Ensure staff is properly trained and has the tools and equipment to carry out job duties
- Promote teamwork and quality service through daily communication and coordination with other department heads
- May assist with deep cleaning projects and/or assist housekeeping staff during high volume periods
- Assist Director of Services in controlling expenses with a focus on increased productivity.
- Maintain proper inventory levels, managing cost per room for supplies (example: bed & bath linen reuse).
- Maintain and order supplies and equipment in a timely and efficient manner while minimizing waste and maintaining “green” initiatives (example: container recycling and cleaning agents)
- May maintain procedures for security of lost and found items
- Perform other duties as assigned. May also serve as Supervisor in the Housekeeping Office (performing desk duties such as allocation, record keeping etc)
WHAT WE NEED FROM YOU:
- High school diploma / secondary education / equivalent plus one year of housekeepingexperience, including some supervisory training/experience.
- Must be able to speak local language(s).
HOW DO I DELIVER THIS?
We genuinely care about people and we show this through living out our promise of True Hospitality each and every day. It’s what connects every colleague in all hotels.This is a supervisory job in the Housekeeping Department. Typically supervises and directs a small number of housekeeping employees.