Jardan is a dynamic, family owned brand at the forefront of Australian furniture design and manufacture. With a reputation for beautifully designed and crafted product, our stores in Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane and Perth markets service a rapidly growing retail division. Championing good design and maintaining the highest environmental credentials, we’ve built our name on designing and making the best quality furniture.Our vision today is a total living approach, extending throughout the home and beyond. Driven by the power of good design to transform everyday living, Jardan takes inspiration from the relaxed Australian way of life.
Required Experience, Skills and Qualifications
- Fit cut and sewn covers to prepped frames for all varieties of furniture (sofas, armchairs, ottomans etc.)
- Perform cut / sew / frame making / frame prepping, when required
- Move heavy / light frames around area and bench.
- Move upholstered goods into dispatch once completed.
- Use a variety of hand tools (hammers, mallets, screw drivers, needles etc.)
- Use a variety of air power tools (screw drivers, staple guns, air gun, drills etc.)
- Work in consultation with Leading Hands
- Reform Recovery work on older pieces
- Perform customer service calls if required off site
- A trade qualification in upholstery or equivalent
- Experience in using hand tools
- To be focused on quality with an eye for detail
- To be physically fit
- To have good organizational skills
You will be required to work 6am to 2:30pm Monday to Thursday and 6am to 12pm Friday (38hr p/w)