· Support the financial and investment modelling and evaluation of innovation opportunities – including DCF models; TCO analysis; benefits estimation; etc.
· Ability to undertake financial and options analysis. Ability to translate financial evaluation into recommendations and outcomes in a strategic business context to help inform decision makers.
· Assist in preparing financial analysis and investment evaluation memos, requests and presentation packs
· Work closely with the Innovation Performance, Decision Automation, Strategic Planning, Investment Evaluation and Commercial/Supply teams
· Financial/commercial experience essential. Experience in minerals/oil and gas preferred.
· The usual high standard communication skills, proficiency in MS Office suite, etc.
· The ability to work on financial models (specifically discounted cash flows), benefits estimation (i.e. value driver analysis) and turn that analysis into outputs for senior stakeholders is a major focus. Consulting experience would be good in that respect (as they are used to turning analysis into high quality materials).
Mining experience preferable – someone with improvement, finance or planning experience.