Bunbury Farmers Market
We are a well-established independent fresh food market situated in the South West of Western Australia. About the Role
As the business enters its next stage of growth, we are seeking an experienced manager to oversee company finances and to handle day-to-day operations including planning, prioritising and scheduling staff and resources. The role reports to the General Manager. Responsibilities
Responsibilities of the role holder include:
· Willingness to learn and be mentored in the complex retail model that is Bunbury Farmers Market
· Directing, monitoring, and managing the accounts, systems, warehouse and maintenance teams to ensure key deliverables are achieved whilst supporting the long-term sustainability of the business.
· Planning, prioritising, scheduling and deploying staff and equipment in an effective and efficient manner for optimal resource utilisation.
· Overseeing and reviewing systems and processes and driving continuous improvement.
· Developing and implementing systems for managing customer relationships to bring about enhanced customer service.
· Providing monthly financial and weekly management reporting.
· Meeting external statutory reporting requirements in preparing company accounts for external accountants.
· Managing cash flow including planning, budgeting and forecasting.
· Supervising accounts payable and payroll staff to ensure basic accounting functions are undertaken in an accurate and timely manner.
· Evaluating current financial processes within the company and developing and implementing improvements to procedures. Attributes The role holder is required to demonstrate the following attributes:
· Strong background in developing and implementing business processes/functions and building an effective organisational structure.
· Strong financial, organisational and administrative skills.
· Ability to learn, interpret and apply standards/codes in real-world situations.
· High attention to detail and accuracy.
· Sound problem-solving skills.
· Ability to work in a team-based environment and to develop and maintain productive working relationships.
· Ability to prioritise tasks on a daily, weekly and monthly basis.
· High-level competency in the use of computers.
· Minimum 3 to 5 years’ experience in finance and/or operations in a retail environment or similar industry
Please submit a cover letter and up-to-date resume.
Only candidates with the right skills and experience should apply and only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.