Njernda’s purpose is to deliver community controlled, holistic services and programs which improve the physical, emotional, cultural and spiritual wellbeing of the Aboriginal Community of Echuca and surrounding areas.
Professional Integrity We treat all our people with dignity and respect
Quality We always strive to do our best and improve the way we do things.
Responsibility We commit to the actions we take to achieve the best possible outcome for our clients.
Client Focus We work toward improving the health and wellbeing of our clients and community.
- Respond to the needs of community members, providing support to individuals and families as required including:
- Information and Referral to other services;
- Financial assistance;
To be eligible for an interview, all applicants must address the Key Selection Criteria and include a current resume
- Understand and promote the philosophy and need for an aboriginal health/family service.
- Work as a team member in conjunction with Family Services, Health and Administrative staff.
- Support other team members in their work.
- Work cooperatively to develop local community events e.g. family days, NAIDOC week, men’s and women’s health days etc.
- Attend and participate in Family Services Unit staff meetings, general staff meetings and health planning team meetings.
- Represent the organization and/or community in forums outside the agency (e.g. at court, on panels, on Committees etc.).
- Participate in ongoing training and development.
- Ensure the confidentiality of client information at all times.
- Maintain appropriate data and program and client records.
- In consultation with the programs and services manager, monitor and evaluate program delivery.
- Other duties as directed.
- Act, at all times in a professional manner in accordance with the policies and practices of the Corporation.
The successful applicant will be required to undergo satisfactory pre-employment checks, including providing at least two professional referees, completion of a medical declaration, Police Records Check, Working With Children Check, Victorian Driver’s License, and proof of identify and qualifications.