Electrical Engineering Technical Officer
About Our Company - Automation Alliance Services Pty Ltd (AAS)
Automation Alliance Services Pty Ltd is a well-established and respected Electrical Engineering company based in Perth, Western Australia. The company was originally established in 2003 and designs and builds Electrical Control Panels and Systems mainly using PLCs (Programmable Logic Controllers) and VSDs (Variable Speed Drives) manufactured by Rockwell Automation, a well-known, leading brand of electrical components. We specialise in the design, construction, commissioning, service and repairs of electrical control panels based on these products.
The Position Title: Electrical Engineering Technical Officer
Type: Permanent Full Time Position
Salary Range: $75,000.00 to $85,000.00 per annum
Location: Mainly based in Western Australia
Start Date: Soonest Opportunity that suits both parties
The successful candidate will report to the Electrical Engineering Manager and will be required to assist and support other Electrical Engineers, Designers and Engineering Draughtsman.
Responsibilities would include:
- Assist in the estimation of costs for the Electrical Control Panels including the cost of pre-delivery and post-delivery testing
- Conducting pre-delivery testing on completed electrical control panels (Factory Acceptance Testing) including the gathering of test results and confirmation of correct design details
- Preparing Test Sheets and Test Reports confirming the successful completion of electrical control panels
- Conducting on-site testing of completed electrical control panels (Site Acceptance Testing)
Projects typically include the design and construction of electrical control panels for Mineral Processing Plants, Water Treatment Plants, Pumping Systems, Agricultural Processing Plants, Food & Beverage Plants, Generator Control Systems, Oil & Gas, etc. These projects are mainly based in Western Australia. The candidate will mainly be based in Perth (Balcatta) but from time-to-time will be required to travel to remote sites in WA to participate in the site commissioning of these electrical control panels.
The ideal candidate will need to be an effective communicator who can engage effectively with customers and engineering teams across a diverse range of customer sites.
Required Skills and Experience
- More than 5 years’ experience as an Electrical Engineering Technical Officer working with the testing of electrical control panels
- Tertiary Electrical qualifications such as Technical Diploma or similar registrations
- Proven experience with leading brands of PLCs and VSDs from well-respected manufacturers such as Rockwell Automation, Siemens, Schneider, General Electric, etc
- Previous leadership roles as an Electrical Technician would be an advantage
- High proficiency in the English language and the ability to communicate effectively in English
To Apply for the Position
If you feel that you have the necessary skills, experience and qualifications for this role, please apply now for a confidential discussion with our Recruitment Team. Shortlisting will commence immediately
The Electrical Engineering Manager
Automation Alliance Services Pty Ltd
P O Box 725
Balcatta WA6019email: #removed#