Australian New Express Daily is local Australian Chinese newspaper publisher, we are currently looking for an experienced content writer join our multimedia team. Please see the description below for more information about the position.Job Responsibilities
- Read material to determine index items and arrange them alphabetically or topically, indicating page or chapter location.
- Translate/edit local Australian and international news from English to Chinese.
- Read copy or proof to detect and correct errors in punctuation and syntax.
- Allocate print space for story text, photos, and illustrations according to space parameters and copy significance, using knowledge of layout principles.
- Verify facts, dates, and statistics, using standard reference sources.
- Develop story or content ideas, considering reader or audience appeal.
- Oversee publication production, including artwork, layout, computer typesetting, and printing, ensuring adherence to deadlines
- Meet frequently with artists, typesetters, layout personnel, marketing directors, and production managers to discuss projects and resolve problems.
- Bachelor holder of Journalism or any relevant degrees
- Competent skills in using Microsoft Office Suite software.
- All IELTS band scores 7.
- Competent knowledge and sense on local Australian and international news and politics.
- Strong communication skills
- Fluent in speaking and writing English and Mandarin Chinese
- At least one year of working experiences in related fields (Preferable)
- Permanent Resident/ Australian Citizen
Please do not hesitate to contact us via email to enquire about the position advertised. We are looking forward to hearing from you soon.