Background and Purpose
PS&C is an ICT professional services entity, listed on the Australian Stock Exchange. The Company is focused on
three business units: People, Security and Communications.
The main purpose of this role is to fulfil the accounting requirements and assist the Finance Business Partner
within the People Business Unit. The role will undertake these tasks for the 5 businesses within the People
Business Unit, however the role may expand to fulfil the AP/AR requirements of the PS&C Group and if further
acquisitions are made in the ‘People’ space.
The role provides a great opportunity to mix “hands-on” and work within one of our key business units whilealso being able to implement change.
Objective – to deliver exceptional financial services, reporting and analysis and to ensure the higheststandard of payroll services.
Duties of the role
• Preparation and lodgement of taxation requirements including Payroll Tax, BAS and FBT returns.
• Preparation of monthly accounts, including journal entries, balance sheet reconciliations, credit card
reconciliations and maintenance of the fixed asset register.
• Assist in the preparation of the monthly report for each business, including variance analysis of the
actual P&L vs budget.
• Assisting the Finance Business Partner with budgeting and forecasting. This includes the annual
budget as well as ongoing review and reforecasting where necessary.
• Identify and implement system improvements and ensuring accuracy of data within the accounting
annual and half-year audits.
• Liaise with auditors and provide any supporting documentation as required at quarterly reviews and
Skills and experience required to succeed in the role:
i. Professional experience in finance and business analysis, ideally in the consulting/’people’ industry.
ii. Bachelor’s in accounting
iii. Intermediate Excel skills.
iv. Working knowledge of payroll and associated taxes/obligations.
v. Proactive approach to tasks, with the ability to think outside of the box and streamline processes
vi. Working knowledge of IFRS accounting standards and Australian taxation legislation.
vii. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
viii. Good organisational skills and diligence at meeting deadlines.
ix. Ability to work closely with a variety of stakeholders across the business.
x. Strong attention to detail.